CW Summit Dubai 2017
COUNTDOWN TO THE EVENT
WELCOME TO CW GROUP’S CEMENT FINANCE, STRATEGY & TRADE SUMMIT DUBAI 2017
The 2017 edition of CW Group’s Cement Finance, Strategy & Trade Summit Dubai executive meeting brings a unique interactive discussion format for the senior executives in the cement sector, covering key burning topics on cement strategy, finance and trade in a multi-client consulting setting.
CW Group’s analysts and consultants will share their latest strategic, market and organizational research, joined by hand-picked external speakers, to highlight the opportunities and challenges facing the industry’s leadership, including views on management, strategic, M&A, cost structure, organizational and other trends and considerations. The conference will be packed with multiple networking opportunities among regional and international guests.
Important visa and travel Information: Obtaining a necessary visa is the responsibility of the delegate, check with your local embassy and if you are required to obtain a visa, please allow enough time for your application to be processed before you travel. Please also note that hotel accommodation is not provided.
- Interact with CW: Gain first hand access to senior CW consultants and analysts
- Receive Data: Leave with systematic information
- Obtain Insights: Obtain the latest industry data and statistics from the CW Research team
- Discuss not just presentations, but review actual data in a multi-client consulting setting.
- Personal Discussions: Meet in a small group with key decision makers in the American cement industry.
- Relevant Topics: Address topics that will tackle the most pressing issues affecting your day-to-day operations
- The meeting is hosted by CW Group’s Managing Director, joined by several of the team’s cement sector analysts, providing a unique opportunity to meet and discuss materials first-hand with the CW consulting and research team
- Leaders of cement companies that need real business information and data for their annual planning
- CFOs and financial teams that plan and analyze their companies’ direction, cost competitiveness and investment priorities
- Cement traders and exporters that need to understand the latest trends in the region
- Strategists and planners who seek to understand the latest opportunities, competitive and market dynamics
- Shippers and cargo carriers that move cement, clinker, slag and fuels in and out of the region
- Technologists and solution providers that enable the trade, operation and strategies of cement companies
DAY 1 PROGRAM
Tuesday, July 11
Welcome and Introductions9:15AM - 9:30AM
Session 1: International overview
• Global market outlook and projections: markets presenting new opportunities: Africa & Middle East highlights • Capacity expansions across the Middle East: what does it imply for the future supply-demand balance9:30AM - 11:00AM
Coffee Break11:00AM - 11:30AM
Session 2:Trade – challenges and opportunities
• Current and future flows :impact of regulatory changes and trade barriers • Adapting pricing strategies to fluctuant markets • Opportunities for Iran cement exports : still a viable source for Middle East & Africa? • Petcoke trading- outlook and opportunities for cement11:30AM - 13:00PM
Lunch13:00PM - 14:00PM
Session 3: Investment and Finance
• Opportunities and challenges for specialty products: white and oil well cements • Financial performance: margins, operating excellence; best practices • Regional opportunities for production costs savings14:00PM - 15:30PM
Coffee Break15:30PM - 16:00PM
Session 4: Logistics
• Overview of bulk shipping and outlook – cement, fly ash, coal and petcoke • Port logistics, storage, operations • Shipping logistics & handling in the Middle East and Africa • UAE: the main logistic hub of Asia16:00PM - 17:30PM
Cocktail & Netwoking17:30PM - 18:30PM
DAY 2 PROGRAM
Wednesday, July 12
Welcome back & recap9:00AM - 9:30AM
Session 1: Energy management
• The effects of the failing oil prices on the global cement industry with focus on oil exporting markets • Coal and natural gas sourcing in Africa: impact on production costs • Reducing cement-clinker ratio by using cementitious materials: slag, fly ash, pozzolana9:30AM - 10:30AM
Cofee Break10:30AM - 11:00AM
Session 2 Environmental considerations for Middle Eastern and African Cement Markets
• Emerging Green legislation • Waste management • Renewable energy • Panel discussion – what lies beyond the horizon? Opportunities for cement projects11:00AM - 12:00PM
Important visa and travel information: Obtaining a necessary visa is the responsibility of the delegate, check with your local embassy and if you are required to obtain a visa, please allow enough time for your application to be processed before you travel. Please also note that travel expenses and hotel accommodation are not included in the registration fee.
For those delegates traveling from abroad requesting a Letter of Invitation please send your request to email@example.com.
For more information, click here to access our local contact.